turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

pjma39

How to Raise Your Credit Score

I have a few negative marks for on time payments which are over 5 years old mostly from my previous student loans before I was able to consolidate them. What can I do to remove them and will that improve my score?

Thanks for the info it helped.thanks

You can't "remove" them.  They must clear as they get older.  Typically that is 7 years.  All you can do is maintain a spotless credit record to minimize their impact to your score.

Your credit can recover somewhat with bad marks.  It does take 7 years for the bad marks to clear, but your credit will steadily improve the longer you maintain a spotless credit profile.

Your information was very helpful

Thank u very much for ur credit advice. But i need more Info and answers;because I have been paying my housing rent on time for over a year.My question is have my housing rental payments been recorded with the credit companies.

randirgq

ive tried everything and I keep gettingboxec up please don't make meo rotout here

randirgq

Spoiler
give me a credit card let me prove im ready to be a responsible mother and adult
SC1193

Ii went to a credit debt relief agency to solve my credit problems.  things were getting done and I was happy with my progress.  about 14 months they said they could no longer service my account and i should transfer my balance to a lending company. .    They referred me to Liberty Lending.  i now have 8,000 loan at 27% interest IT WILL TAKE OVER A YEAR TO PAY IT OFF.  CAN YOU RECOMMEND ANOTHER SOLUTION?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What  is a derogatory remark and how do I correct it

Should I open a credit card? One of those ones I have to buy for a couple hundred dollars.

BG47

What I did was dispute every single collection. And they ended up removing them. The majority of them were medical. But if you paid them off dispute it being on your credit report. It took about 3 months for our score to start moving up. 

Raise /Improve my credit score ?

GreggHope

@JesseJ @One hard pull-on your credit will not take 90 points off of your score. Something is not right with that. Maybe 10 points but not 90. 

I don't even have a credit score. I am actually afraid to have a credit card.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies