cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 2

How to Raise Your Credit Score

Experian has me at nearly 100 points higher than turbo tax how awful is that?

Highlighted

Hey man congrats! It’s gotta feel good to finally start working at that credit! I’m just curious cuz I’m currently sitting at like 548 right now...what can I do to get that score number getting higher quickly! That’s a lot hope to hear from you!

Highlighted

What is a credit builder account?

Highlighted
Level 1

Level 1

If credit score is near the top, you’re considered a prime customer that institutions are eager to do business with. A high credit score will open up opportunities for 

So how do you raise your credit score? Helper helped me with every page. Im not very smart.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Level 1

Turbo was helped me. I could have helped with Turbo.

Thank you.

Highlighted

If I payed my credit cards off, with a loan, what would my monthly payment be?

Highlighted

How am I supposed to build credit when I can't get approval for one single credit card my whole life. I'm 25 everytime I've applied for a loan Or card I was denied because I have no credit and they affected my score  just for applying to build credit it's a screwed up system that I have never been able to figure out. Turbo tax says my score is 524 I want to get a small loan and pay it back quickly does anybody have advice on how to get a small cash loan? 

Highlighted
Level 15

@Wyatt141511  wrote:

Turbo tax says my score is 524 I want to get a small loan and pay it back quickly does anybody have advice on how to get a small cash loan? 

You might need a co-signer. Otherwise, you can investigate secured credit cards.

See https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/credit-card-issuers-cosigner/

Highlighted
Level 2

I don't agree with not opening more lines of credit. If your are responsible enough not to accumulate more debt in the new lines, opening more credit can lower your credit utilization therefore raising your credit after the initial hit of the hard inquiry and the average age of credit drop. If you're continuously paying off debt and apply for credit at least 6 months apart your credit score will go up. This technique has brought me from a 640 to 670 in less than two months with a credit utilization of 57% dropping to 32% from posting of large chunks of debt (I understand not everyone can do this but just be consistent). My goal is to get it under 10% and see where my score ends up.

Highlighted
Level 1

Small things helped me like financing new furniture I needed. I did a 9 months same as cash kinda thing and made sure I paid on time every month. At the end of the repayment period the lenders reported my activity to all 3 credit bureaus and I saw significant improvement.  

Highlighted
Returning Member

Thanks for the info

Highlighted

I am a widow and single mother, I would like to know about how I can go about getting help to lower my student loan debt.

Highlighted
Level 1

I TOO HAD FILED A CHAPTER 7 BANK RUPTCY. I WAS IN A ACCIDENT THAT LEFT ME DISABLED. SO I WAS NOT ABLE TO WORK FOR 4YEARS. AFTER MY HEAD INJURY. NOW I DO WORK "PART TIME" MY SCORE IS BACK IN THE HIGH 700'S AFTER CAPITAL ONE GAVE ME A CREDIT CARD WITH A 1K LINE OF CREDIT. NOW MY CREDIT LINE IS UP TO 10K I KEEP CHARGING ON THAT ONE CARD I HAVE. I PAY OFF MY ENTIRE BALANCE EACH MONTH. MY CHAPTER 7 WILL BE OFF MY RECORD FOR GOOD IN ABOUT 26 DAYS IT WILL BE 7 YEARS

Highlighted
Level 2

Me too