turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lowerd credit score

My credit score has gone down almost 100 points in the past few months.  I make timely payments (1 late) and almost always pay much more than the min.  I really see no reason for this.  Instead it should be going up.  No deg. remarks either.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
lwdupont
Intuit Alumni

lowerd credit score

@cgmilliren - it's hard to tell why from the post, but I'll tell you why mine went down recently, mine went down because my credit utilization went up.. above 50% seemed to cause it to go down quite a bit. 

That late payment you mention though might have also contributed to it. There don't seem to be any hard and fast rules that I've learned though when working on the Turbo iOS app.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lwdupont
Intuit Alumni

lowerd credit score

@cgmilliren - it's hard to tell why from the post, but I'll tell you why mine went down recently, mine went down because my credit utilization went up.. above 50% seemed to cause it to go down quite a bit. 

That late payment you mention though might have also contributed to it. There don't seem to be any hard and fast rules that I've learned though when working on the Turbo iOS app.

lowerd credit score

My utilization is only at 18% and 12, 000 of that is me being a co-signer for a friend on a camper which he make monthly on time payments.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies