turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ktdid4

How to Raise Your Credit Score

If I payed my credit cards off, with a loan, what would my monthly payment be?

How am I supposed to build credit when I can't get approval for one single credit card my whole life. I'm 25 everytime I've applied for a loan Or card I was denied because I have no credit and they affected my score  just for applying to build credit it's a screwed up system that I have never been able to figure out. Turbo tax says my score is 524 I want to get a small loan and pay it back quickly does anybody have advice on how to get a small cash loan? 

@Wyatt141511  wrote:

Turbo tax says my score is 524 I want to get a small loan and pay it back quickly does anybody have advice on how to get a small cash loan? 

You might need a co-signer. Otherwise, you can investigate secured credit cards.

See https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-cards/credit-card-issuers-cosigner/

I don't agree with not opening more lines of credit. If your are responsible enough not to accumulate more debt in the new lines, opening more credit can lower your credit utilization therefore raising your credit after the initial hit of the hard inquiry and the average age of credit drop. If you're continuously paying off debt and apply for credit at least 6 months apart your credit score will go up. This technique has brought me from a 640 to 670 in less than two months with a credit utilization of 57% dropping to 32% from posting of large chunks of debt (I understand not everyone can do this but just be consistent). My goal is to get it under 10% and see where my score ends up.

Small things helped me like financing new furniture I needed. I did a 9 months same as cash kinda thing and made sure I paid on time every month. At the end of the repayment period the lenders reported my activity to all 3 credit bureaus and I saw significant improvement.  

Thanks for the info

I am a widow and single mother, I would like to know about how I can go about getting help to lower my student loan debt.

I TOO HAD FILED A CHAPTER 7 BANK RUPTCY. I WAS IN A ACCIDENT THAT LEFT ME DISABLED. SO I WAS NOT ABLE TO WORK FOR 4YEARS. AFTER MY HEAD INJURY. NOW I DO WORK "PART TIME" MY SCORE IS BACK IN THE HIGH 700'S AFTER CAPITAL ONE GAVE ME A CREDIT CARD WITH A 1K LINE OF CREDIT. NOW MY CREDIT LINE IS UP TO 10K I KEEP CHARGING ON THAT ONE CARD I HAVE. I PAY OFF MY ENTIRE BALANCE EACH MONTH. MY CHAPTER 7 WILL BE OFF MY RECORD FOR GOOD IN ABOUT 26 DAYS IT WILL BE 7 YEARS

Me too

try these cards and see if first premier bank is still issuing cards.  i had 2 of them about 18 yrs ago and my limit was around $300.  but remember, even with a small credit card, just spend a small amt. and pay the whole bal. ;).  try not to max it out.  https://www.creditcards.com/no-credit/

nobody can really answer that except the place issuing the loan.  might want to call their customer service or go on their website. 

do you have a credit card?  do you have a car payment?  paying on time and only using a small amt. on your credit cards and paying off the whole bal. works for me.  i'm already getting offers from other credit cards...of course, i won't say yes to every offer 😄

I applied to 2 secured credit cards, Capitol One and Discover, it went up 45points, i used Lexington Law to dispute some things on my report when up another 70 points, thats over 100 points in 5 months time, 

How much did that cost?

Going to collections hurts initially but will never hurt the account again. If you can afford to pay it off, do so, if not first dispute it (even if it's legit,  if they don't acknowledge the dispute it comes off your report) then forget it,  don't answer their calls ignore them.  It will go away in 2 years.  

Pay your credit cards off then spend 30% of your limit and pay it off every month. With Time you'll recover. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies