Solved: How to Raise Your Credit Score - Page 17
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bibsbug
Level 1

How to Raise Your Credit Score

I find it very interesting,  for lack of a better word, that one can reach the 6th decade of adulthood,  be debt free after paying off an auto loan, no mortgage payment(house is paid in full), and your credit score of 823, tanks 43 points.It's become laughable at best. What's the use being enraged? It's a ridiculous, boring game, and this one is done.

Jdubb007

You need to be making double what the minimum payment is and that will help make a big difference in the next few months. 

trimysmalls

Raised my score 160 points in six months from 570 to 730  Had 4 cards with total debt of 1900.  Paid that all of at once with stimulus check.  Set up each card to auto pay one monthly bill.  Accepted a Citibank Double cash back card with a limit of 4,400 which raised my available credit to 6400 (meaning I was much less likely to go over the recommended credit utilization.  Disputed two debts I did not know where an issue and they were resolved in a matter of days.  Set up my apt. rent for online payment which is tracked by Experian.  Yeah, the score hit from getting the new card sucked, but my score is now higher than before that drop in only one month.  Patience, and knowing that credit card money isn't real money, will help a lot!

Alfiesmom67
Level 1

I typically either pay off the balance and or make payments that are triple or more every month.  That doesn't help.  I've decided the answer is to never use the card again. 

Alfiesmom67
Level 1

did all of that. I just cut it up and threw it away. I don't want multiple cards. I don't want thousands of dollars in credit card debt just to raise my credit score.  I've lived for over 30 yrs without a credit card and my score was in the 700's.  I've had this one a year and my score immediately dropped to 600. No thank you. 

trimysmalls

"I don't want thousands of dollars in credit card debt just to raise my credit score."

• Debt won't raise your score.  But that is a bummer that your score isn't going up.  The way the whole credit score thing is setup is very difficult to really understand and take control of..  So much of it is pretty vague 😕
sk8ladyb
Level 2

Let's not forget that many states now use car insurance and on-time payments for it as a rating too.

MrsYearwood1

I have 100% ontime payments for 12 months and no new inquiries and my credit score plummeted 50+ points! What could of done that?

kensiek2

I put in for trans Union free credit report he came up and I got it But when I want to print it it disappeared and I can't get it back.

I had tried to print before I had actually read and then I lost it

Uyskuti89

Opensky charged me a $3 paper bill fee that I didn't know about and it sunk my score by over 30 points.

jt-of-sw-fl
Level 2

Did you recently apply for something, or pay off an installment loan?

Progress4ward

I applied for one of those pre-approved cards,but it was a soft check.I just noticed the $3 charge and the 33 point drop. 

ButtonPusher

I feel like without corruption and inflation we wouldnt need things like credit or creditors. Like fair wages, save your money oh yea you paid taxes so if you need something from society you get it. But like hospitals and emergency workers get funding from... The state... Their money comes from taxes so when you get charged for a hospital bill or an ambulance ride... Where exactly does THAT money go?

v
Privacy Settings