`

Why dont i get a deduction for my 18 year old full time student living with me full time turbo tax tells me she is over 17 so she does not qualify

The only thing she doesn't qualify for after she turns 17 is the child tax credit. She still gives you a $4050 "tax break" which lowers your taxable income and makes you eligible for EIC if you otherwise qualify. If she is a college student, you also may qualify for education tax benefits for qualified expenses paid out of pocket or with loans. You would enter the 1098-T to get them.