Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Were You Working on an Associate, Bachelor's, or Graduate Degree?

I've already graduated college with my bachelor's degree and I'm in the process of applying to grad school. I retook an undergraduate level class that I previously did poorly in, in order to make my graduate school application better. Should I answer yes or no to "Were You Working on an Associate, Bachelor's, or Graduate Degree?"

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No.  This question is asking whether you were enrolled in a degree-granting program (matriculated) for the courses for which you claiming a tax credit or deduction.  Taking classes outside of a degree-granting program is still eligible for the Lifetime Learning Credit, but the qualification rules are slightly different for matriculated and non-matriculated coursework. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

No.  This question is asking whether you were enrolled in a degree-granting program (matriculated) for the courses for which you claiming a tax credit or deduction.  Taking classes outside of a degree-granting program is still eligible for the Lifetime Learning Credit, but the qualification rules are slightly different for matriculated and non-matriculated coursework. 

Thank you!

No, you should answer No to this question since you've already graduated. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies