turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Under other nontaxable PA income it asks about scholorships or grants. this is info i already provided under federal for 1098-T. Is the state info asking for the same?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Under other nontaxable PA income it asks about scholorships or grants. this is info i already provided under federal for 1098-T. Is the state info asking for the same?

PA is asking for any nontaxable scholarship or grants you may have received in 2017.  As a minimum, you would report the scholarships and grants reported on your 1098T.

This section of the program is asking for information to determine your eligibility for the PA Tax Forgiveness Credit.  It is looking at your income, both taxable and non-taxable to see if you qualify.  Note that if you can be claimed as a dependent on your federal return, your parent's must qualify for the Tax Forgiveness for you to be eligible to claim it also.

For more info, see: http://www.revenue.pa.gov/FormsandPublications/FormsforIndividuals/PIT/Documents/rev-631.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies