Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can my tax refund be taken If I called the Offset hotline and it says NO offsets but I do owe on my student loans?

rjavery932 yes it was!!! less than last year but nonetheless! very happy. thanks for the posts last night. Glad you got your deserved return also!!!
have a great week! cheers to getting finances in order!!

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can my tax refund be taken If I called the Offset hotline and it says NO offsets but I do owe on my student loans?

Still nothing on WRM and nothing is Santa Barbara

@dashonna.thomas me either... still waiting

good luck to you both! hope it comes!!

MINE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE DEPOSETED ON 2/27, NOT THERE AND STILL NOT PENDING AT THE BANK. I GOT AN EMAIL FROM TURBO TAX THAT MY REFUND WILL BE DEPOSITED ON 2/28 AFTER THEY GET THIER FEES...STILL NOT AT BANK, I DO HAVE AN OFF SET WITH STATE TAXES BUT STILL PLENTY WOULD BE LEFT OVER....ALSO THE WMR SAYS SENT ON 2/26 SO IM NOT SURE WHAT IS GOING ON HERE???? WHERE COULD IT BE???

Do you have any codes popping up?

Just the 203, which I knew I had from some state tax, but once that is taken out I will still get 3/4 of my federal

Your refund was sent to your bank on February 27, 2019 for direct deposit.
If your refund is not credited to your account by March 4, 2019, check with your bank to find out if it has been received.

Please read the following information related to your tax situation:
• Tax Topic 203, Refund Offsets for unpaid child support and certain federal, state, and unemployment compensation debts

that is what it says
rmill155

@rimpnskimmpy if you have an offset it can delay the actual direct deposit 2-3 days after the direct deposit date. It should show up in your account tomorrow (friday) or Monday/ Tuesday of next week since none of the agencies are open on weekends. You won't receive your part of it until the government get what they plan to take first.

Mine says the same but it sounds like they are taking my whole refund. But I got a notification that I was getting a letter by Saturday

I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

The WMR app just updated to say that my refund was taken in offset. But I called the BFS several times and it says that I should have no offset. I can’t call and speak to a person until Monday but I’m having an entire mental breakdown because I desperately needed that money

The WMR app just updated to say that my refund was taken in offset. But I called the BFS several times and it says that I should have no offset. I can’t call and speak to a person until Monday but I’m having an entire mental breakdown because I desperately needed that money

i am so sorry. i know your feeling. do you know what it was offset for?

If you have a tax topic 203 and yo owe dept of edu, you’re not getting it back especially if they sent it to their collection agency that they are using to collect the funds! I called and they said they do not have a hardship program that I can file for. They also said look on the bright side, you’ve paid some of your student loan!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies