Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can my tax refund be taken If I called the Offset hotline and it says NO offsets but I do owe on my student loans?

that’s the number we have been calling.. yes.. it’s the BOP i believe...

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can my tax refund be taken If I called the Offset hotline and it says NO offsets but I do owe on my student loans?

Yes. When WRM updated it said  topic 203. Then I called the offset again it said offset for DOE. It didn't say it before.

So it's all being taken cause it said my whole refund amount im praying it doesn't I have 4 kids and we just had to leave these people house so we are in a hotel

@riafit it may be different for us then when my wmr went to approved it has no topic 203 and no adjusted amount and direct deposit for you guys with 203 did u have a adjusted amount or a DD date

hmmm

rjavery9832 i think you are right. we don’t hsve any topic n those that were saw it when it was approved.  

offset number.. both options say no offset

And Sanata Barbara isn't saying its received my refund yet

@riafit  we have hope at least I'll keep my fingers crossed that we are ok just gotta stay positive and try to sleep and wait for a update tomorrow but what I have read and seen we should have had some type of info from one of the numbers or the it's where's my refund

oh i think we are good

no topic as some are seeing.. we should be ok.
rmill155

@riafit I am in the same boat as you. I called a family member who does taxes for a living and he told me some times tt 203 doesnt pop up until the direct deposit day aka 3rd bar. However he was default as well after school and they did not touch his federal return for 3 years despite taking his state return all 3 of those years for it. I had asked him because my state tax was offset and I was given a notice before hand but have no offsets on TOPs phone line and no tt 203 on my WMR app or website regarding my federal return. Praying for us lol I just need to make it 3 more weeks before my new job starts and I can start getting my finances in order.

If you have 203 and your money isn’t pending in your acct the day before 9 times out of 10 your tax refund is gone! Even if the hotline says “no debt owed” it will eventually pop up soon! This year they are being really sneaky by doing it after approval!
rmill155

Yep got my fed return despite state being yoinked last week. Showed up in my account and shortly after showed up as sent on wmr. Looks like the few of us without tt203 got 1 more year to get it paid up.

@riafit  both my state and federal were deposited in my account hope yours is deposited as well
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies