rivas1996

Searching: "Who claims my 1098 T form? I'm no longer a student but I was for the spring semester of 2016. I have a job and earned over $4,000 in the few months I did work

Searching: "Who claims my 1098 T form? I'm no longer a student but I was for the spring semester of 2016. I have a job and earned over $4,000 in the few months I did work. Can my parents still claim me as a dependent since I'm still under 24?"

DexterS

Yes, your parents can claim you if you are under 24 and a full-time student for at least five months.

Full-time student is whatever the school considers "more than half-time".  There's a check box on the 1098-T

The education credit follows the exemption regardless of who actually made the payments.

If you are claiming your own exemption you get the credit.

If your parents are claiming you then they get the credit.

DexterS