turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I prove my identity any other way because I do not have a credit card auto loan or student loan to prove online and that they are closed right now because of this

I neéd to prove my identity
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Can I prove my identity any other way because I do not have a credit card auto loan or student loan to prove online and that they are closed right now because of this

It depends. The other options are: a home mortgage account number or home equity (second mortgage) loan number. 

Depending on what you need to do, correspondence by mail is an alternative, but will take longer. See IRS Get Transcript

If you have an identity theft issue, click on the link posted here, which can be done without calling the IRS: IRS Identity Verification Service

@Mika2017a

There not mailing out Transcripts anymore. Online only and to get it online you need to have a loan out etc. Which I have none of those what do I send in the mail?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies