Solved: Not prompted to enter 1098T; Student married after...

Not prompted to enter 1098T; Student married after graduating

Wanting to enter 1098T for college tuition I paid, but I'm not prompted to enter 1098T.

Since our student got married in August, TT is considering student no longer a dependent. 

Is this the reason I cannot enter 1098T? I paid the the college tuition and she graduated in June.

Yes. You may only claim the tuition credit, if the student is your dependent.  Being married, alone,  does not prevent her from being your dependent. But if she is filing a joint return with her spouse, that fact prevents you from claiming her.  The good news is that she can claim the tuition credit, even though you may have paid the tuition.

For a discussion on whether you can and/or should claim her as a dependent, see a similar question at 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2938663-can-i-claim-my-daughter-who-got-married-on-december-19th-2...

Thanks for your reply.