turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

matt206

If my daughter spent a semester out of the country as part of her studies at a US school to learn foreign language. Is it considered as attending another school ?

Is this considered attending another school per the tax question since her attendance at this foreign school was contingent on her enrollment at the school in the US.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SherekaB

If my daughter spent a semester out of the country as part of her studies at a US school to learn foreign language. Is it considered as attending another school ?

If you are studying at an eligible university ( your main school )your tuition and costs would still be eligible for the education credit even if you are away for foreign studies. She would still be considered enrolled in one school.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SherekaB

If you are studying at an eligible university ( your main school )your tuition and costs would still be eligible for the education credit even if you are away for foreign studies. She would still be considered enrolled in one school.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies