Yes, if you paid out of pocket any part during 2016, you can claim those expenses on your 2016 tax return.
To enter information without a Form 1098-T in TurboTax Deluxe online edition, here are the steps:
1. After sign into your account and select Take me to my return
2. At the right upper corner, in the search box , type in 1098t and Enter
3. Select Jump to form 1098T
4. On screen, "Do you want to enter your higher education expenses?" answer Yes.
5. Go through the step-by-step interview questions/ screens
6. On screen, "Did you get a 1098-T from school for 2016?" answer No. Follow prompts to enter information