svoet101

If I am a Job Corps student, should I put that i am a full time student on my Taxes?

I had a reduction for a IRA investment before I put full-time student, But I would like the reduction if I am not actually considered a full-time student.

DanielV01

No, you are not a student for tax purposes.  While there is no doubt that you are receiving an excellent technical training with the Job Corps, it is not considered a school for this purpose.  Part of the reason why is that you do not pay for your education like you would for a college.  Thus, your IRA deduction should be allowed if you otherwise qualify.

DanielV01