mrmailman1982

I was an EMT at the beginning of 2018 I paid over 2000 to go to school to become a Paramedic can i deduct this expense i did not receive any forms from the school

I did not receive a 1098t but i did graduate and am no a Paramedic

HelenaC

For the education credits, the school, college or university must participate in a student aid program administered by the US Department of Education and then it would be considered an eligible education institution for the purpose of the education credits

If you aren’t sure if your school is an eligible educational institution:

Note: Expenses to learn a new trade or job or to qualify for a new career aren't deductible as an unreimbursed job expense.

• If you are asking if you could deduct it as an unremibursed education/job expense related to your job, the answer is no. Under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA), unreimbursed job expenses and other miscellaneous deductions subject to the 2% rule have been suspended (eliminated) through tax year 2025.

HelenaC