Solved: I used student loan money to purchase expenses for school that is also being used for my self-employed business. Can I write off these expenses as business deductions?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used student loan money to purchase expenses for school that is also being used for my self-employed business. Can I write off these expenses as business deductions?

The expenses I paid for are required for my education, but they are also being used for my self-employed business. Thanks for your help on this!

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 4

I used student loan money to purchase expenses for school that is also being used for my self-employed business. Can I write off these expenses as business deductions?

You can use the expenses towards an education credit, or as a business expense, but not both. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 4

You can use the expenses towards an education credit, or as a business expense, but not both. 

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings