turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have three 1098 for my home. 1st the initial loan. 2nd a refinance of the 1st loan. 3rd from refi resale to another lender. The 3rd 1098 zeros out the deduction. Why?

It's like turbotax can't handle three 1098 forms. It's fine with two. When I add the third, it zeroes out the savings in the calculator. I might as well do this by hand instead of using the software.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DavidD66
Employee Tax Expert

I have three 1098 for my home. 1st the initial loan. 2nd a refinance of the 1st loan. 3rd from refi resale to another lender. The 3rd 1098 zeros out the deduction. Why?

We are aware of this experience. Please sign up for email notifications when an update related to this issue is available here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was notified that an update has been made. Unfortunately it did not actually solve the issue. The software still cannot handle three 1098 forms correctly.

MarilynG1
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax can handle entry of Multiple Mortgage Interest statements.

Be sure to read all the info on the screens. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies