Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

hillklo

Where do I enter graduate loan interest paid?

Hi,

I entered my student loan interest paid into the federal form, and on my state form this is coming in as undergraduate interest. However, this is not correct. Most of it is for graduate loans. Thanks.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
krisclif

I had the same problem. Someone else told me to just click "continue" on the state form page where it lists the amounts incorrectly, even though it's wrong. On the very next page, the amounts will show up correctly, listing the amount of your interest paid in the graduate box. The undergraduate box will now say 0.  See my word document with screenshots that should be with this post. It must be a bug in Turbotax. Hope this helps!
krisclif

I had the same problem. Someone else told me to just click "continue" on the state form page where it lists the amounts incorrectly, even though it's wrong. On the very next page, the amounts will show up correctly, listing the amount of your interest paid in the graduate box. The undergraduate box will now say 0.  See my word document with screenshots that should be with this post. It must be a bug in Turbotax. Hope this helps!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies