I enrolled in a training program to become a certified yoga instructor, am I allowed to use the tuition and book expenses on my taxes?

The studio that's training me is certified through Yoga Alliance to hold this program. It was over $3,000 in tuition so I'd like to know if I can claim it. 

No, unfortunately the IRS doesn't allow a deduction for that.  According to the IRS:

Education that is part of a program of study that will qualify you for a new trade or business isn't qualifying work-related education. This is true even if you don't plan to enter that trade or business.

For more information see IRS Pub 970 - Tax Benefits for Education

Do you mind explaining that a little more for me? So does this mean that even though I'm entering a field, currently receiving schooling on the subject I'll be teaching, and I'll be licensed after that I'm unable to list that money spent? Wouldn't that be the same though for anyone changing fields or professions say a teacher going to a cosmetology school to become a cosmetologist?

If it's for a new profession or trade you can't deduct it.  I'm a CPA, if I go to law school I can't deduct it.  If I take auto repair classes at a technical school and open a garage,  I can't deduct the costs of the training prior to opening the business. Once yo become a Yoga Instructor, you can deduct any additional classes you take.  So, after your a yoga instructor you take a class in a different type of massage, you can deduct it because "it maintains or improves skills needed in your present work."  I hope this helps.