Solved: I did not get a 1098e form. I have outstanding student loan interest of $5205.00 loan in deferment until 2018

rilthere

I did not get a 1098e form. I have outstanding student loan interest of $5205.00 loan in deferment until 2018

AmandaR1

That's ok. If you didn't pay any student loan interest during 2017, you won't receive a form 1098-E or take a deduction for it. 

Whenever you do pay student loans, you'll receive a 1098-T by January 31st of the following year, which will report the amount of your payments that were interest. When you enter the form for your taxes, you'll receive a deduction for the related year. 

AmandaR1