amanda152-

I am a graduate nursing student required to complete 300 clinical hours and have to drive to various facilities, are the miles deductable?

amanda152-

If so, where can I put them? I did not see a place to add them.
Carl

yes they are with two exceptions.

- Miles from your primary residence to your "principle" place of employment or school are not deductible.
 - Miles from your principle place of employment or school back to your primary residence are not deductible.

amanda152-

So, miles from my primary residence to clinical site and back are deductible, correct?  I am required by the university to visit these sites as part of my degree. But it is not at my school.  Where do I enter these miles?  or is there a formula to use when entering school related expenses?
Carl

First, you are getting paid for this clinical work, right? IF so, is that income reported to you on a W-2, or something else?

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~