Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amanda152-

I am a graduate nursing student required to complete 300 clinical hours and have to drive to various facilities, are the miles deductable?

4 Replies
amanda152-

I am a graduate nursing student required to complete 300 clinical hours and have to drive to various facilities, are the miles deductable?

If so, where can I put them? I did not see a place to add them.
Carl
Level 15

yes they are with two exceptions.

- Miles from your primary residence to your "principle" place of employment or school are not deductible.
 - Miles from your principle place of employment or school back to your primary residence are not deductible.

amanda152-

So, miles from my primary residence to clinical site and back are deductible, correct?  I am required by the university to visit these sites as part of my degree. But it is not at my school.  Where do I enter these miles?  or is there a formula to use when entering school related expenses?
Carl
Level 15

First, you are getting paid for this clinical work, right? IF so, is that income reported to you on a W-2, or something else?

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.

3.49m
Members

2.63m
Discussions

Manage cookies
v
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789-_~