nodisplayname

How do I know if Box 7 is checked on Wells Fargo Form 1098?

Box 7 does not include a small box or any clear space in which a checkmark would go. There is no checkmark, but it includes this text:

"7 The address of the property securing the mortgage will be entered in box 8 and may be the same as PAYER'S/BORROWER'S address. See box 8 below."

Am I to assume it's not "checked"? I'm confused by this. 

KittyM

The label for Box 7 says, "If address of property securing mortgage is the same as PAYER’S/BORROWER’S address, check the box, or enter the address or description in box 8."  

Therefore, if there is no address in Box 8 - or the same address appears in Box 8 as for you, the PAYER/BORROWER - you may consider Box 7 to be checked.

If there is a different address in Box 8, then Box 7 is considered not checked.

KittyM