Solved: How do I know if Box 7 is checked on Wells Fargo Form 1098?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I know if Box 7 is checked on Wells Fargo Form 1098?

Box 7 does not include a small box or any clear space in which a checkmark would go. There is no checkmark, but it includes this text:

"7 The address of the property securing the mortgage will be entered in box 8 and may be the same as PAYER'S/BORROWER'S address. See box 8 below."

Am I to assume it's not "checked"? I'm confused by this. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 2

The label for Box 7 says, "If address of property securing mortgage is the same as PAYER’S/BORROWER’S address, check the box, or enter the address or description in box 8."  

Therefore, if there is no address in Box 8 - or the same address appears in Box 8 as for you, the PAYER/BORROWER - you may consider Box 7 to be checked.

If there is a different address in Box 8, then Box 7 is considered not checked.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 2

The label for Box 7 says, "If address of property securing mortgage is the same as PAYER’S/BORROWER’S address, check the box, or enter the address or description in box 8."  

Therefore, if there is no address in Box 8 - or the same address appears in Box 8 as for you, the PAYER/BORROWER - you may consider Box 7 to be checked.

If there is a different address in Box 8, then Box 7 is considered not checked.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings