turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get rid of the $10,000 Used for Credits or Deductions on the "Student Information Worksheet" ? It is lowering my Qual Expenses and not helping.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

How do I get rid of the $10,000 Used for Credits or Deductions on the "Student Information Worksheet" ? It is lowering my Qual Expenses and not helping.

Go through the education section again. When you get to the screen that says “Here’s your Education Summary”.  Click edit next to “Education Information”. When you get to the screen titled “Amount Used to Calculate Education Deduction or Credit”, verify the amount you want to use or change it. In your case, change $10,000 to 0.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Go through the education section again. When you get to the screen that says “Here’s your Education Summary”.  Click edit next to “Education Information”. When you get to the screen titled “Amount Used to Calculate Education Deduction or Credit”, verify the amount you want to use or change it. In your case, change $10,000 to 0.

Thanks Hal, that was exactly how to fix it.  I think I ended up entering that $10,000 on one of those weird screens that pop up in the final review and error check phase. I did not deliberately enter it during the initial interview portion.
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can view the deductions you entered.

1. Log into your online Turbo Tax account.

2. Click on "Take me to my return".

3. Then click on "Federal", on the left side.

4. Then you will click near the top on "Deductions and Credits". This will open your deduction history.

5. Here is where you should find your deductions and be able to edit.

Or,

As long as you have not already registered,  filed or paid for your return, you can delete what you have entered and start over fresh. See the Turbo Tax FAQ on how to start over: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies