Solved: How do I calim tuition expenses from a Canadian university? I have the Canadian tuition form but no 1098-t.

How do I calim tuition expenses from a Canadian university? I have the Canadian tuition form but no 1098-t.

The Canadian school is listed on the US Federal Student Aid list.

If they have an EIN you can enter the expenses into the program. (Federal; Deductions & Credits; Education) If not, the expenses cannot be entered into the TurboTax program since the IRS mandates that the EIN be included. You can contact the IRS to see if you can paper-file since the school is on the list of eligible education institutions and ask if you can paper-file the return without an EIN number for the education credits. 

We have gotten this question several times so I assume the IRS will adjust their regulations to address this situation next year.