Solved: For an owner-occupied duplex, should I enter the f...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

For an owner-occupied duplex, should I enter the full interest and taxes from the 1098, or only the 50% that I live in?

I am including 50% of my mortgage interest and taxes as part of Schedule E as costs for my rental apartment.  However, my mortgage and 1098 are for a duplex that I live in.  When I'm entering the 1098, should I include the full interest and tax amounts, or just the 50% that covers the part that I live in?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Employee Tax Expert

For an owner-occupied duplex, should I enter the full interest and taxes from the 1098, or only the 50% that I live in?

Enter the 50% that is personal on Schedule A and the 50% that is rental on Schedule E.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Employee Tax Expert

Enter the 50% that is personal on Schedule A and the 50% that is rental on Schedule E.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Level 1

Thank you!

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings