Did not receive a 1098-T from college institution, and was told I will not receive one. How should I file?

ashleymlong91

My college did not send a 1098-T form, and said they will not because they billed me in 2016. I did however pay the institution using a loan, a scholarship from the school, and out of pocket expense for the spring semester of 2017. I did not attend the full year of college, just the spring 2017 as a part-time student. I had to stop my education due to increase work pressure. Does this mean I should still file the 1098-T? or is there a separate form like the IRS 8863 form?

fanfare

Only tuition and fees actually paid by you in calendar year 2017 can be put on this 2017 tax return.

Same for 2016.

fanfare

You can't file a 1098-T you don't have.