Can I still claim the American Opportunity tax credit or the Lifetime Learning Credit if I get tuition reimbursement from my employer?

My employer did NOT include tuition reimbursement payments in box 1 of the W2.

You cannot use the same education expenses for a credit if the expenses were reimbursed by your employer. 

If your employer did not include the reimbursement in Box 1 of your W2, you are not being taxed on that reimbursement. Whatever the employer reimbursed must be subtracted from your total 2018 education expenses. If you paid more education expenses than what the employer reimbursed, you can use the excess towards a credit. 

CLICK HERE for IRS Pub 970 Tax Benefits for Education