misskc73

As a registered nurse can I deduct my license fees and continuing education fees?

bwa
Alumni
Alumni

I’m assuming you’re an employee, not self-employed.

That would be an employee business expense. Employee business expenses are a limited deduction. You can claim them only if:

• You can itemize deductions, and
  • they exceed 2% of your adjusted gross income.

If your miscellaneous itemized deductions clearly don't exceed 2% of your adjusted gross income there is no need to go through the time consuming effort to enter them. If they are over 2%, under the deductions and credits tab at the bottom of the list under other deductions and credits. Look for other deductions.

For employee business expenses look under Federal Taxes, then Deductions and Credits, then Explore on My Own, then Employment Expenses (near the bottom.)

bwa
Alumni
Alumni

• You can itemize deductions, and

misskc73

Thank you