Solved: 1098-E Lender Name is U.S. Department of Education, but field is limited to 24 characters. What should I do?

1098-E Lender Name is U.S. Department of Education, but field is limited to 24 characters. What should I do?

You can shorten the lender name to fit within the 24 character submission.  They are working on fixing this to allow more characters in the field, but there is no reason to wait.  It is perfectly acceptable to shorten the lender name as long as you report the correct amount of interest paid.  You can use something like "U.S. Department of Ed."instead of Education.