turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I file sole proprietor LLC with an EIN, no employees, business taxes for 2018, after filing for 2018 personal taxes since I am also an employee of a corporation?

The business entity provided consulting work for a one company only.  Hence, only a single 1099 has to be filed.

Do I need to amend my personal taxes or file business taxes separately under the EIN (sole member LLC and no employees)?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Cindy0H

How do I file sole proprietor LLC with an EIN, no employees, business taxes for 2018, after filing for 2018 personal taxes since I am also an employee of a corporation?

You have already filed? What did you file?

yes, I already filed my 2018 tax return and all my income from employment was under a W2

yes, I already filed my 2018 tax return and all my income from employment was under a W2

If you are a single member LLC then you would need to Amend Your Return to include the 1099 income on your personal return.  This will be reported on Schedule C.

A sole proprietor LLC that has not specifically filled out additional forms to be treated as a corporation reports all business income and expenses on their own personal taxes using Schedule C.  There is not an additional business return required. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks.  Does this apply even when the sole proprietor LLC has an EIN? Just want to confirm.

Yes, the EIN doesn't change that.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies