turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

flyhauser

Will you have "Business" version available for Mac to do 2017 Partnership K-1s?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

TurboTax Business is only available for Windows, not for Mac. There is no change in that for 2017.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

TurboTax Business is only available for Windows, not for Mac. There is no change in that for 2017.

btcusker

Unbelievable and antiquated! We've been using Turbo Tax for well over a decade. Now we have LLCs for rental properties and you're losing our business all over an operating system.

home and business can handle llcs business is for scorp and ccorps

Can "Home and Business" prepare K-1s for Partners...Agree with btcusker

@marcwhines  No, The Home & Business program will NOT prepare K-1s.  H&B is only for personal returns that need schedule C for self employment income.  It is not the same as the stand alone separate Business program here,
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/">https://turbotax.intuit.com/small-business-taxes/...>

And why can't Turbo Tax provide Turbo Tax Business program that will work on a Mac or an Online Version?

I don't know, maybe someone else has an idea why.  Contact Customer Service 5am-9pm Pacific 7 days a week at
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/">https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/</a>  

You can probably run the Windows Business program on a Mac using a Windows Emulator like Parallels. But you would have to buy a copy of Windows to install in it.   Google Windows on Mac to get articles on the various  options

One of the other users posted this a couple years ago, There are 4 popular products you can use: Parallels, VMWare Fusion, Oracle VirtualBox, or CrossOver. The first 3 require you to also buy a copy of Windows. The first 2 cost $50-80, the third is free. CrossOver also costs about $50-$80 but does NOT require you to buy Windows.

In violent agreement with btcusker. I have filed multiple tax returns every year for many many years using Turbotax online or on my Mac.  Now I have a small multi-member LLC. And I have to SWITCH? I will. And probably you have lost this customer for good.
dhellner

Ditto.

This is OUTRAGEOUS!  I just switched from a pc to a Mac and now I cannot use this software anymore?!?!?!?!

Most likely this is a business decision by Intuit. They have to balance the development and maintenance costs against the projected revenue/profit.
And TT is not licensed for use by paid tax preparers.

According to a recent study (2017), for the US market, Windows computers have  38% of the market and Apple 9%.   Since most of TurboTax sales are for personal software, the Mac market for business software is just not there to justify development, production costs and continuing support.

Perhaps, if and when Apple computers are at least 25% or more of the US market it will be different.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies