My wife had a Partnership LLC with her sister that stated in July of 2017 and ended 2019. How do you delete the Partnership LLC for the 2020 Filing so Turbo Tax doesn't keep asking about the K-1 form for the Federal and NJ State forms?
If you delete just the Schedule K-1, it will regenerate if associated worksheets are still in the return.
The proper way to delete an unwanted K-1 is from the K-1 Summary screen, which also removes the associated worksheets.
- Open or continue your return in TurboTax, if you haven't already.
- Using the search feature in the upper right, search for K-1 and select the Jump to link in the search results.
- Answer Yes to Did you receive any Schedules K-1 or Q? Select this even if the correct answer is no.
- Select Update next to the type of K-1 you initially entered (partnership/LLC, S corp, or estate/trust).
- On the K-1 Summary screen, select Delete next to the K-1 you want to remove. Answer Yes on the following screen.
- Select Done.
- If necessary, repeat steps 4–7 for other K-1s you need to remove.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Thanks for your info but your item #5 indicated "On the K-1 Summary screen, select Delete next to the K-1 you want to remove. Answer Yes on the following screen. There was no Delete next to the K-1 that I want to remove. Is there any way you can walk me through it online?
looks like the Federal Forms are ok now but the NJ State is not. The NJ-BUS-1 comes up and I can’t delete it without it coming back.it asks for Business name then asks for Profit or Loss.