turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why will Turbo Tax Business not allow 50% bonus depreciation on a new machine shed erected by a farm corporation?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Why will Turbo Tax Business not allow 50% bonus depreciation on a new machine shed erected by a farm corporation?

"shed"  ?    If you mean a building then the 50% bonus depr is not allowed on them.   <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/50-bonus-depreciation-likely-extended-2014.html">http://www.n...>

Ok ...then you must choose the correct section to get the bonus depreciation... just tested it & it works fine but READ every screen or you will miss the election ...

That option does not appear on my screens.  Are you in the individual or business program?  After going in circles again I got it to work.  Had to enter the building information again and then go back and change it to farm...that seemed to work.

Oh sorry ... I am in the SE version ... however you should have the same options.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies