Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rtwhome

Why isn’t my Turbo tax premier edition picking up both my schedule E’s - both with losses on the sch 1 line 17 - only one loss is being shown

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

Why isn’t my Turbo tax premier edition picking up both my schedule E’s - both with losses on the sch 1 line 17 - only one loss is being shown

You should go back through your Schedule E section of your return and Edit each property that is entered.  It is likely that one of them does not include the 'active participation' check-box.  

You can also take a look at your Schedule E to see which property's loss is not being considered by checking line 22.  The one that is being deducted will be shown there.  Go through the other property's Profile section and double check your entries.  Pay close attention to all of the check-box options on the screen with regard to the property, for example, the check-box to say that you converted the rental from personal use in 2018.  Be sure to choose any that are applicable to your situation.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

You should go back through your Schedule E section of your return and Edit each property that is entered.  It is likely that one of them does not include the 'active participation' check-box.  

You can also take a look at your Schedule E to see which property's loss is not being considered by checking line 22.  The one that is being deducted will be shown there.  Go through the other property's Profile section and double check your entries.  Pay close attention to all of the check-box options on the screen with regard to the property, for example, the check-box to say that you converted the rental from personal use in 2018.  Be sure to choose any that are applicable to your situation.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies