Why cant I just deduct 10200 from the amount I rec...

watermellon5

Why cant I just deduct 10200 from the amount I recieived instead of waiting for turbo tax to hear from the IRS that already passed this into law

MinhT1

No. You should not simply deduct $10,200 from your unemployment benefits.

TurboTax is still waiting for IRS guidance before updating their program.

Please read this TurboTax Help topic for more information.

Mike9241

doing the reduction in a way not approved by the IRS could end up delaying your refund for months.

macuser_22

Simply deducting the $10,200 would also change the EIC, Child Tax Credit, Social Security tax, and several other thing that could make your tax return invalid.