Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where is the Depreciation deprecation section for business Start Up?

I'm trying to amortize my Start-Up cost, which is $25000.  I understand I'm supposed to use the Depreciation to report the remaining cost over a period of 180 months.  I can't seem to find the Depreciation section to report that.  Do I just use the "Enter Business Expenses Not Yet Reported" for it and just label it "Deprecation"?2022-04-10_15-26-38.png

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Just blindly following the walkthrough didn't lead me to it.  So I kept hitting "Visit All" but it didn't hit me that one of the walkthroughs questions had depreciation.  It's not until I read through each thing under "Visit All" that I noticed "Assets and depreciation".  Just click on the "Update" button next to it and say "Yes" and you'll be walked through to enter the depreciation for the start-up cost and it'll automatically calculate it for you for 180 months.

It's under Business Expense > Assets and depreciation

2022-04-10_16-24-24.png

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Just blindly following the walkthrough didn't lead me to it.  So I kept hitting "Visit All" but it didn't hit me that one of the walkthroughs questions had depreciation.  It's not until I read through each thing under "Visit All" that I noticed "Assets and depreciation".  Just click on the "Update" button next to it and say "Yes" and you'll be walked through to enter the depreciation for the start-up cost and it'll automatically calculate it for you for 180 months.

It's under Business Expense > Assets and depreciation

2022-04-10_16-24-24.png

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies