Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

bronsoni
Returning Member

When and why would I take distributions from my S-Corp?

Well, I didn't realize with was three years old, only saw april. At any rate, I guess my question to you is why do you care? and why are you responding to a someone responding to a three year old post. 

Since I had a post on this thread I get notification when another post is added.  So I asked you why you were adding to the thread at this late date.  

We question these "late" posts since the tax law can change a lot in the interim, and we want to make sure the readers know that.

Hi Everyone,

Question on S Corp profits. I am a single member LLC taxed as an S Corp. I paid myself a salary of about $100k already this year (which is a fair salary for the work I do) and I have another 50k in profits and expect to earn another 50k this year, for a total of 100k in profits and 100k as a salary. 

My question is, when can I start taking the profits out of the S Corp (not as my salary)? I would like to put that money to use and I would rather not wait until the end of the year to remove all the accumulated business profits out of the business checking into my personal. Can I just withdraw from it at anytime since I am the only owner and have already paid myself the fair salary for the year? 

any time you wish. just be careful not to take out more than your tax basis. basis is determined at year-end.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies