EEA LLC

Unfinished Home Office Renovation

I am a sole owner of a S-Corp.  I started to renovate part of my home into a home office.  I obtained a loan to fund the construction. However, this project is turning into more problems than it's worth.  I want to scrap the project.  I spent approximately $129K from my business,  can I deduct this expense on my 2020 business tax return?  If so, how much?  I will be in the red if I deduct the full amount.  An prompt response would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Unfinished Home Office Renovation

Since the business doesn't own the home it cannot deduct any home business expenses unless  they rent space from you  and then you will need to report the rent on a Sch E where you can depreciate the portion of the home basis.  The money the corp spent on your home is a draw to you and not a deduction.  

EEA LLC

Unfinished Home Office Renovation

If I take the $129K as a distribution it will result in a significant capital gain on my personal tax return.  Is there any other options, like (reluctantly) continuing with the construction?