hmldit-gmail-com

Turbotax online 1099-misc does not have nonemployee compensation box 9 it has 1-6 and 10,14,15,16,17. how do i force it to have the right boxes?

MaryM428

Form 1099-MISC does not box 9 unless you tell it that you need that box.

• Federal
  • Wages and Income
  • Other Common Income
  • Form 1099-MISC
  • Under Box 3 Other Income check the question My form has other info in boxes 1-17

Then Box 9 will appear on your screen.

Box 9 is for crop insurance proceeds.

californianewllc

hello, what  turbo tax program i need.  I have 2 businesses,  sole proprietorship for my daughter as owner-no properties-  and one LLC for me with properties rentals for me and partner. what to choose here?  do i have to buy one software for every business?? help!  we are all in California.  yes, we will file personal too.

DaveF1006

Yes, you will need to make two software purchases. Need a Turbo Tax home and Business to report your sole proprietorship and personal return. Turbo Tax business to report your LLC because you have two partners and need to issue K-1's for both partners. The good news is that the K1 you generate from your business partnership return will be reported on your personal return.. 

californianewllc

follow up.  ready to file 2020 taxes today. i have TurboTax business cd software for my llc and home/business for personal california.   in 2020, for my 2019 taxes  i only used my TT business cd only for my llc,  my other cpa did the state personal for me and physical mailing filing.. now what to do first or fill out first.?.  business TTax or home-business software?? any order??  note.. Yes, i only have the tax file. taxfile from 2019 business llc file year.