Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax asked me for the "Limited amount to report on Sch A, Line 8a" at final review. I was confused and entered "0", I dont know if this is right or how to change it.

How would I make a change to form 1040 Schedule A line 8a if this isnt correct?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

TurboTax asked me for the "Limited amount to report on Sch A, Line 8a" at final review. I was confused and entered "0", I dont know if this is right or how to change it.

Sch A line 8a is for mortgage interest and points paid. If you really do have mortgage interest, return to the personal deductions and credits section. Review your mortgage interest and insert the correct information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This will not fix the issue, I tried and I even deleted all my 1098 forms and inputted them from start again and still did not fix the issue. Must be a bug in TurboTax software. I restarted my entire tax return and entered the question correctly this time and it worked. It asks me to input something on final review straight into form 1040 not sure why TurboTax can’t just do the math themselves in the software.

DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Some TurboTax customers are experiencing an issue with their Home Mortgage Average Balance. This can cause in the the Home Mortgage Interest to be incorrectly limited.

If you're experiencing  the issue above,  please go here to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies