huntercairns1105

TurboTax asked me for the "Limited amount to report on Sch A, Line 8a" at final review. I was confused and entered "0", I dont know if this is right or how to change it.

How would I make a change to form 1040 Schedule A line 8a if this isnt correct?
AmyC

Sch A line 8a is for mortgage interest and points paid. If you really do have mortgage interest, return to the personal deductions and credits section. Review your mortgage interest and insert the correct information.

huntercairns1105

This will not fix the issue, I tried and I even deleted all my 1098 forms and inputted them from start again and still did not fix the issue. Must be a bug in TurboTax software. I restarted my entire tax return and entered the question correctly this time and it worked. It asks me to input something on final review straight into form 1040 not sure why TurboTax can’t just do the math themselves in the software.

DaveF1006

Some TurboTax customers are experiencing an issue with their Home Mortgage Average Balance. This can cause in the the Home Mortgage Interest to be incorrectly limited.

If you're experiencing  the issue above,  please go here to receive email notifications when any updates related to this issue become available.