dburke0723

Turbo Tax only allows for 4 inputs to section 12 a-d on the w2. My employer has provided two inputs for 12a. How do I enter this into Turbo Tax?

I have two W2's from my employer with the first complete and the second only having information in box 12a.  Should I enter two W2's since there is no additional box to enter another input into section 12 a-d?  The first W2 has 4 inputs for section 12 a-d on the W2 and have inputs for all 4.

macuser_22

When all 4 have been used just scroll down for the next box.

(If you do not see a scroll bar then you do not have it turned on in the Mac's System Preferences -> General -> Scroll bar -> always.

SteamTrain

Probably they just ran out  of space on their paper forms for 5 separate box 12 entries...you would put them all on ONE W-2 form in the tax software.

1) Desktop software will auto-expand to show more box 12 lines as you enter them.
2) for the Online software you have to hit the text under the box 12 to "+Add another row"
*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

You don't need to worry about the little a,b,c,d box numbers those are just part of the box label and you don't need it.  Just enter it on any box 12 line on the same W2.
macuser_22