Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does 2016 Home and Business support Schedule E if you bring forward Schedule E info from 2015 to 2016.

I cannot find Self Propriator on a CD in a store today.  I've read that Turbotax 2016 Home and Business could still work for me if I bring forward my schedule E info from prior year.  Want to verify that info about Turbo Tax product with Turbo Tax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MelissaZ

Does 2016 Home and Business support Schedule E if you bring forward Schedule E info from 2015 to 2016.

Schedule E is available in Premier and Self Employed editions.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MelissaZ

Schedule E is available in Premier and Self Employed editions.

Yes it is, but I need schedule C as well.  I prefer having Desktop and have had Turbo Tax CD for 10 years.  If device fails, I can quickly load prior year product on new device.  Will Turbotax home and business support Shcedule if brought forward from 2015.  I need C also and DO NOT want to go to online product.

Yes it is, but I need schedule C as well as E.  I prefer having Desktop.  Will turbotax home and business support Schedule Eif brought forward from 2015 and C as well.  I do not want to go to an on line product and not sure it will let me bring forward all info from 2015 if I go to online.
MelissaZ

Then yes you will want the Home and Business edition.

But they do not advertise that Home and Business supports Schedule E which I need as well as C.  I've heard they "do"  I'm thinking "might" if you bring E forward from prior year.  Has anyone tried it and found that 2016 Home and Business will support Schedule E (Rentals) for sure.
MelissaZ

You can see all the forms included in Home and Business by visiting this link <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/home-and-business.jsp">https://turbotax.intui...> both Schedule C and E are listed

Well that's good info if correct.  Schedule E is not listed on your Turbotax Home and Business Box as being included.  What a frustration.  Back to a store to return Business (which had both C and E but won't bring forward my prior year return because it doens't support "Individual Return".  I had to be an LLC, Trust and not just Self Propriator.  Ugh.

Ok,  Turbo Tax Representive, Passorn, has come through and shown me where schedule E is included.  I was able to see it in writing on turbotax web site under Tax Forms for Home and Business.  The info you are giving me is verified as correct.  I have gotten much info from company reps that have turned out to be incorrect so excuse  me if I didn't want to put 1.5 more hours into returning "Business" and purchasing "Home & Business" without being sure it has E.  Schedule E is NOT listed and the box and why not.  It could have saved me a lot of time.  I've been a customer for 15 years and deserve to know that this new "Self Propriator" isn't for me.  I am not interested in FREE Quicken or anything for free, for that matter.  Just for my time not to be wasted.  Thanks for correct info; if in fact Home and Business will give me E.  Your Company might list that on the box where it's visible.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies