turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Sstem is saying I have a schedule 3, when I do not. I have done the preview screen under tax tools, and there is a zero in box 12, and nothing that even says schedule 3?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Sstem is saying I have a schedule 3, when I do not. I have done the preview screen under tax tools, and there is a zero in box 12, and nothing that even says schedule 3?

My guess is that the system is telling you that you need Schedule 3 for something you entered, but it has not yet created Schedule 3 in your tax return because you are using Free Edition, which cannot produce Schedule 3. I assume it is telling you that you have to upgrade to a higher edition (which is not free) because you need Schedule 3. After you upgrade the amounts from Schedule 3 will flow to Form 1040.

I don't understand what "box 12" you are looking at. Do you mean box 12 on your W-2? Line 12 on Form 1040 has nothing to do with Schedule 3. The totals from Schedule 3 appear on Form 1040 lines 13b and 18d.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You might want to see if you qualify to use the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax. It can produce a tax return with Schedule 3 for free if you meet the qualifications. IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax is at the following link, and the qualifications are listed there.

IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Sorry, I posted the wrong link for IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax. I corrected it in my reply above. Here is the correct link again.

IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies