Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

dspaug
Returning Member

So, I have purchased the TurboTax personal edition (Home & Business) to complete my personal tax return and Schedule K-1.  But the Schedule K-1 is not available.

I have a K-1 S Corp issue as well and cannot get any response from Intuit Turbotax.  Need to complete ASAP!

So, I have purchased the TurboTax personal edition (Home & Business) to complete my personal tax return and Schedule K-1.  But the Schedule K-1 is not available.

@dspaug The Schedule K-1 for a Form 1065 and Form 1120S for tax year 2023 is scheduled to be available on 02/22/2024.

They keep moving the date.  If they do it again, I'll have to file with other software and get a refund from Intuit.  Moving timelines constantly means any date they put cannot be relied upon.   It is a shell game with no way to know if it will ever end.  Other softwares have theirs ready. No reason that the largest provider would be so far behind. 

The desktop software for H&R Block is more capable and less expensive than the online product of the same tier.  I was unable to file using the online edition without paying $90 extra (for a total of $160!) for the Professional Tax Review, so I downloaded the Premier desktop version which handles it all for $75!  eFiled my Federal and printing/mailing in my MA return (as required for my kind of return) with no issues!  Been using Turbotax since 2008 but had also used TaxCut from 2005-2007 so it felt very familiar (if not as slick).

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

I think you mean that you have to prepare a schedule K-1 for your business. If so, you can't use the Home and Business edition of TurboTax for that. You need to use the TurboTax Business product. You can order it here:  TurboTax business download

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@ThomasM125  I don't think anyone in this thread is complaining about not being able to 'prepare a k-1'. We have all already created our business' k-1s for the year. This thread is about the ridiculousness of waiting on TT to allow us to add that k-1 info to our personal returns. I waited until the original 2/14 date that was posted. And I will wait until this next 2/21 date. After that, I am going to have to switch to a different company and then request a refund for my Premier desktop product. Like so many others in this thread, I have been using TT my entire adult life, but the issues they have been having the last couple years are about to lose me as a customer! Very disappointed.

Isle of Man has the TT (not Turbo Tax) motorcycle race and I had the opportunity to attend.  It's fantastic!  If only the senior people at Turbo Tax had the Kahunas the riders of the TT have, maybe we'd have the Schedule K1 ready? 

Even FreeTaxUSA has the ability to enter your K-1 and file your taxes.  C'mon Intuit!

Any updates? Today is 2/21 and K-1 entry is not available.

@jeffreyWI wrote:

Any updates? Today is 2/21 and K-1 entry is not available.

TurboTax updates their software on Thursdays.  Check back tomorrow on 02/22.

Xaire

I have had the exact same problem with NO ANSWERS and a lot of "dancing"!  I own my own business, Sub Chapter S and obviously need the same forms.

This is a joke and totally unacceptable.  Not sure what we can do about it, though.

Xaire

Xaire

Actually, that's a great idea!  TT needs to suffer some pain for this loser approach!!

Xaire

Xaire

I have used TT for at least 20 years myself and this is inexcusable!!!!  I can't believe this large an organization can run this way!!

Xaire

I have also been using TurboTax since 1991.  I just tried FreeTaxUSA because I simply wanted an estimate of what my final tax bill will be, and was surprised how well it works.  I think I'm going to skip TT next year and use FreeTaxUSA.

Way to go Intuit, you just lost a 33 year customer over your K-1 debacle.  

If it's not ready in the morning, I'm jumping ship. It sucks that I'll have to spend hours re-entering everything into a different software program, but it is what it is at this point...and that is that IT'S UNACCEPTABLE. The only reason I didn't switch today is because I know they do their updates on Thursdays. So I will give them until in the morning...otherwise another customer will be gone! I doubt they care though. But I will not play the "move the date until April 15th" game with them any longer!!!! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies