Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Self employed professional lisence deduction

I am trying to deduct my self employment business expenses on schedule C.
I am not able to find where i can enter these deductions.
EX- Professional license fee, computer products, continuing education expenses.
Last year was not a problem until the changes were made on this new form with Intuit.
Please help!!!!
1 Reply
Level 15

Self employed professional lisence deduction

To go to the Sch C when starting up in the TurboTax Self-Employed Product, go to Federal Taxes, then Wages and Income, and scroll down to Sch C business.

Once you start making entries on the Sch C, then it will show up under the Business Tab like the old version did.

Sorry for the confusion, it is different from last year. 

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies