When you’re self-employed, you may be able to deduct medical, dental or long-term care insurance premiums that you paid for yourself, your spouse and your dependents.
If you purchased your health insurance directly with insurance and not Obamacare
- Go to Business
- Click "I'll choose what I work on"
- Business Income and Expenses
- Business Expenses
- Other Common Business Expenses
- Insurance Payments
- Health Insurance Premiums
However if you purchased your health insurance through it through Obamacare Plan (Form 1095-A)
- Select the Health Insurance section of TurboTax.
- When asked, Did you have health insurance coverage in 2016?, select either the first or second option, depending on your 2016 situation, and Continue.
- When asked, Was anyone enrolled in a plan from a Marketplace?, select Yes.
- When asked, What type of plan were you enrolled in?, select Obamacare plan (1095-A), and then Continue.
- Follow the prompts to enter your 1095-A.
- Enter your Form 1095-A
- When asked, Do any of these situations apply?
- Select Self-employed and bought a Marketplace plan.
Then you will see Which business income is tied to this policy?