Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

s w
Returning Member

Schedule E has no entries.

Why is schedule E created if all fields blank.  K-1 (Form 1041) Estates and Trust?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

It should not be blank if you have a K-1 from a 1041 tax return.    Part l and Part ll should be blank but scroll down to Part lll - that is where you should see the K-1 data reported.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
s w
Returning Member

Schedule E page 2  Part III No data. Estate info name and number but no $$$ 

My K-1 only has entries in 11A , 11B and 12A and 12J. all other boxes are empty. No dividends gains, income

@s w wrote:

Why is schedule E created if all fields blank.  K-1 (Form 1041) Estates and Trust?

The schedule is generated by the program, but you will not have any entries since you do not have any income or loss (passive or nonpassive), just final year deductions.

s w
Returning Member

Thanks, just seems strange to have an empty form....can it be deleted?....it is sent to the IRS

The form almost certainly contains the name and tax ID number of the trust or estate.

s w
Returning Member

Yup..."Schedule E page 2  Part III No data. Estate info name and number but no $$$"

Why would I need to send in a Schedule E  that only has estate identification information? 

Schedule E page 2 created by Turbo Tax contains the following info:

• Part III Line 33 (a) Name (b) Employee Identification Number obtained from Schedule K-1 (Form 1041) Part I, A and B

Schedule 1 (Form 1040) that Turbo Tax also created has

• Part I Line 5  blank 
  • Part II Line 24k contains the amount from Schedule K-1 (Form 1041) Part III: 11 A  Excess deductions-Section 67(a) expenses .

Why does a form(Schedule E,pg 2) that has virtual no information need to be sent with the 1040? Why was it even created by Turbo Tax

All official forms created by Turbo Tax for filing;

Form 1040

Schedule 1

Schedule E

You probably do not need to do so, but it does inform the IRS that you received a tax reporting statement from an estate (or trust) and its tax ID number for cross-referencing.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies