Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

symonds5
Returning Member

Schedule C

The stimulus check requirements state that for non-filers the gross income must be less than $12,200.  I am unsure what gross income would be when claiming Schedule C income.  I am a dog trainer and have income of approx $17,000 minus gas (car mileage), telephone, space in my home and office supplies.  How would you figure gross income to see if I qualify for the stimulus check?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Schedule C

@symonds5 wrote:

The stimulus check requirements state that for non-filers the gross income must be less than $12,200.  I am unsure what gross income would be when claiming Schedule C income.  I am a dog trainer and have income of approx $17,000 minus gas (car mileage), telephone, space in my home and office supplies.  How would you figure gross income to see if I qualify for the stimulus check?

DON'T enter your information in the non-filer web portal.  You are self employed and need to file a 2019 tax return, so you are NOT a "non-filer".

You will qualify for a Stimulus check, and the IRS will get that information from your 2019 or 2018 tax return.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

Schedule C

WE'd have to go through your tax return, but you would be close.  You've listed several deductions you would have.  However, even if you don't need to file for income tax purpose.  You should file for Social Security and Medicare.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
symonds5
Returning Member

Schedule C

Thanks for the responses.  They helped!! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies